Are you feeling a little bit anxious? Do you feel misunderstood? Friends who are empaths read this before continuing if you haven’t read it before. What is empathy? Well, empathy can be described as the ability to read and understand people. Empaths are a bit different and are quite sensitive to others moods, energy and thoughts without even being aware that they are. They just sometimes “know” things aren’t right and can really feel shifts around them. During this time of a high communication “fritz”, we need to be mindful on HOW we are communicating and what types of messages we are putting out there in the universe.
Lack of clear communication can lead to years of not speaking to someone. Trust me, I know. Sometimes it for the best, but other times, you wish you had talked to the person face-to-face.
What is Mercury Retrograde anyway?? (P.S. it happens about 3 times a year or so…it’s okay)
It has been described to me as such:
We use the term “retrograde” to describe the backwards movement of a planet. Of course, the planet is not actually moving backwards; however, from earth it appears to be moving further away. When it does this, astrologers call it a retrograde, a time where the planet is almost “resting” or not in full action.
All planets retrograde, however Mercury retrograde is often the one that is given most attention because Mercury is associated with communication, technology and contracts- in many ways, Mercury is the messenger. Communication, travel, and technology—all of these areas might go haywire for about three weeks.
How to cope during this time:
- Read everything thoroughly that you are sent. But Don’t read INTO it. I admit that I might have a tiny problem when people send me things with ALL CAPS. Don’t do that to people unless you are writing a blog article and want them to read that part:)
- Remember my 3 breaths from the FB Live video? Pause and take those 3 deep belly breaths. Put your hand on your belly, and then feel it rise and fill your lungs as they expand, exhale through your nose. Repeat x 3!
- Confirm all travel plans before you head out. If possible, have a back-up. If not, just go with the flow if there are delays.
- Think of this time as a time to get to know the phone better…as in phone calls with voices. Not texts, messages, e-mails on important items. As a matter of fact, limit messages if you can. They can be read into big time.
- This is a time to connect with your inner wisdom, not reactions. Is it true? Could the other person be feeling off? What do I know about this person? Is it in character? Connect with your gut feelings.
- Do not put too much on your plate during this time. <<< repeat it friends. Back-to-school, new routines, new plans, for 3 weeks, just hold on before adding lots more to this time. October is a great month after you have gotten into the routines of school to add things.
- Have patience. Above all, I wish you patience during this time. Seek out yoga, meditation, and quiet reflection at night. Pause, breathe and be kind to yourself.