Whew. This week y’all. In a few years, people might be reading this article and not know what the energy feels like right now, so let me explain it as best I can. Many people are dipping heavily into a low-vibration right now around the world. This is based on true scientific evidence, but for more information read my linked post. Basically, we shouldn’t feel guilty for the low-vibration energy or negative vibes we feel coming our way right now, but we have to recognize the signs and start putting firm boundaries in place today!
If you are sensitive to other energies, feel like there are times you can actually put yourself in someone’s shoes and feel their pain, you might be an empath.
Empaths have a hard time saying no to people and situations because they want to help and don’t like to cause hurt feelings. This is a very real thing that starts to drain the empath over time until they just have nothing left to give their own health and wellness. Sometimes, it takes an entire year to recover from being depleted.
How can boundary setting help?
Setting clear boundaries can protect your own energy and thus keep you from becoming completely wiped out. It is very essential!!
What can I do to set clear boundaries?
- The first thing that I always go to, is of course, my goal setting and intentions. How do I want to feel after a day? A week? A month? What do I have left to give other people? If you have to, imagine it like your energy batteries. When they are completely drained, how long will you last?
- When you are out, do you just HAVE to answer that call, text or message from that one friend? What happens if you don’t? How do you feel when you say, I can’t talk right now. I am busy, but will get back to you later. Do you feel okay? Do they act weird?? If they act like it’s the worst thing in the world to wait, keep doing it and watch for signs. Repeated pushing of your boundaries needs to be addressed. Pronto.
- Notice where you put your attention. Pause before you answer that message. If you are at work and someone asks you to do something to help them before you are finished with what you already have on your plate, notice how you feel. Pause and reflect. Are you giving off the message that you drop your work to help others therefore creating this open invitation? What happens when you pause and say, I don’t have time right now, but ask me tomorrow.
- Make a list of your self-care needs. If you say “What is self-care?”…you might need to make a list. Also, you can open the linked post:)
- Figure out who tries to cross the line…repeatedly. This is usually the person who goes right into their story as soon as you answer the phone or message. I am not talking about your best-friend who needs advice occasionally, nope. I am talking about the person who needs you all the time. 24/7 and the story is probably the same exact one. They are using the narcissistic friend cycle of guilt on you. Every time you think you have helped, the next day they come back again. It’s the same thing week after week. Whew. It drains you repeatedly.
I hope these tips help you and feel free to come on board the Head|Heart|Health Club where will be practicing safe boundaries all month-long and diving deep into our own worth. <<< Click the linked word for more. We are releasing guilt, shame, and unworthy feelings by learning how to step into our own power by creating new habits that really support our lifelong journey in our heads, hearts and health.
Want more tips? Check out the Empath’s Guide to Journaling.