I can’t help but think of George Clinton and “We’ve Got the Funk” when I started thinking about my title for this post. After I listened to that song, it was hard to concentrate as I like music and I started to wiggle…but that made it even better.
So back to the word “funk” and what that means to me. I know that I have many things to be happy about, but occasionally, it takes just one little thing to bring my mood down. I know that I do not want to function at such a low vibrational frequency, but at times, I just have to go with it. If it appears I need to bring myself out of it, because it has lasted longer than necessary, I will work to snap myself out of it.
Why don’t you want to stay in a “funk” or a low-frequency?
I know that many people worry about money, so I am going to start there. When you worry about money, bills, and feel like you have scarcity in your life, you actually start attracting more of it. I know some people think this sounds crazy, but it’s true. On the other hand, when you start acting as if your needs will be met, through prayer, meditation, or journaling, and release it after the prayer, things start to shift. I have seen this happen in my life and I firmly believe it to be true.
I would like you to apply the “acting as if” rule to your thoughts anytime you start to feel like things are slipping out of control. One of the hardest times to do this for me personally was when I was very ill. When you are ill, you are not at your best. It lowers you so much that it seems you can’t get out of the hole. Start visualizing yourself well. Again, write on it, pray over it, meditate on a healthy vision of you. Embrace it. When people ask you how you are doing, say “I am healing.” Do not, in any way shape or form, list what is wrong with you. Don’t air it out on Facebook, don’t talk about it with a friend, don’t put it in writing anywhere.
The exception to this thought process is if you put it out there in a positive way. I know that sounds crazy, but a friend of mine does this to let her friends know how her journey is going and it is never written in a low way. It is always written in a way that says how blessed she is, and I believe it helps her healing process. She has continued to beat enormous odds!
How can we find our groove again?
- Do a body scan like I say at the beginning and end of my yoga classes. Breathe deeply, start your thoughts at your head and release tension you might be holding in your jaw, and face. Work your way down and feel the tension slipping from your shoulders. If you notice any tight spots, send healing thoughts there to open the muscles up like a flower budding, releasing the tension held therein. Continue working your way down and take inventory of your stomach. This part is a little bit different. Think about what you are eating. Are you feeding yourself good foods? Does your stomach not seem to digest foods? Are you processing foods normally? <<< Yes, I know people think this is TMI, but it helps. Lastly, scan all the way through your body and notice where you are holding tension. Release the tension by tensing the muscle and releasing it.
- From your body scan or inventory above, think to yourself what needs to improve. Are your self-care routines in place? Are you taking care to keep moving and exercise? Have you given up doing something you love and thus feel tight and tense all the time? What really needs to change? Embrace the truth with yourself. Don’t cover it up. Write about what things you know need to be different in order for you to “release the funk.”
- Are you sleeping? Full disclosure on this one. Several years ago I started doing research, more research, into all-natural supplements because I was diagnosed with so many things. I read that people with fibromyalgia don’t sleep, and I put myself on this supplement and never looked back. Except when I run out of it and can’t sleep again for 2 days until the order comes in. So I became a customer first as I got a discount from ordering something that honestly, helped me find sleep at last. You are more than welcome to do your own research, but for me, the change was drastic. I needed sleep to function. Editor’s note: I used to sell these products after they worked so well. I am now a customer only, but the link should still work for you. Also, you can do your own research into anything by following the links and clicking on the ingredients listed.
- The stomach was the root of several of my moodiness issues. If you read my post I linked up there to the word stomach…it really changed my life when I realized that caused me so many hours of “funk” when it was not in balance. I did put myself on my own probiotics after hours of research into the different types. Why? My gut was causing me so much pain and dysfunction that I couldn’t have a normal life. Period. <<< that link above is my really super amazing research I wrote for a magazine:) Yes I am proud of it because I didn’t give up on my quest to find my groove again.
- Treat yourself and others with kindness. Have faith that this will pass. Be gentle to yourself, but firm that you can’t stay in this place forever. I know you can move forward and find that inner fire again!