Like a battery, you feel completely drained. Depending on what’s going on around you, you feel like you haven’t the energy you once possessed. Could you be getting sick? It’s possible. But I want you to take a look at a few things first.
Have you ever noticed that being in the presence of someone truly and miraculously seems to lift you up? After spending time with that person, you come home humming, or want to do things you might normally not even think about doing? Just think for a moment if there is such a person like this who is your lift force. I have spoken about this before during my talks and written about it before, but if you have your journal, you can even take a page and think for a moment about all the supportive people you have around you.
Likewise, we are now going to draw our attention to something that energetically feels so draining that we can’t wait to escape their presence. The drag force. When I speak of this during my talks, I actually have to roll my shoulders as my back gets tight.
There was once a time I felt well, except that I constantly felt drained by someone’s presence. I would go to work happy and content, and then this person would tell me every one of her problems…repeatedly. There was never a solution that worked or a way out…or so it seemed. How did I find a way out of the draining cycle?
5 Ways to Strengthen Your Energy:
- It sounds like a cliché, I know, but your vibe really does attract your tribe. Yogananda called this phenomenon “the law of invisible vibratory exchange.” It is vitally important that you understand this principle to be true as you start building up your “lift force” around you. Make your list in your private journal of who really lifts you up. Once you become aware of the energy, you can start to see a pattern where you have dips or energy loss after being near someone who is more of a drag force, or negative influence on you.
- It is important that if you have to come in contact with a negative force, you get grounded before and after the visit. As you center your thoughts, you can imagine being protected as you come in contact with that person. Read more on the above link as well, but make sure that you keep your contact to as short a time as possible. What happens if you live with a negative force? Enroll in yoga, meditation, or a group activity where the people around you have a like-minded goal. There is more under my Head|Heart|Health tab for an online community as well where keeping our heads clear and our hearts on how we want to feel is the end goal to overall wellness.
- Listen to music that moves your soul and uplifts your heart. On one of my other talks, I showed the difference between me normally when I come on the FB Live show, and me after listening to the Bee Gees. <<< yes. I love to sing with them. But seriously, think about the song “Good Vibrations” by the Beach Boys. Ever thought about it? It really does raise your vibration with the right tune.
- Be conscious of what you put in your body. During my 4 Weeks to Wellness class, I talk about nutrition and the effects of sugar on the body. I know people are going to be coming after me when I take away their sweets, but that’s why I train you to look for the hidden ingredients and do it for yourself. This has to be done on your own time and it has to be something you want in order to move forward and feel better.
- Know how you want to feel. Again, this one might sound simple, but do you know how you want to feel each day? What are your weekly goals and how are you working to create a life that is working FOR you…not against you. With a few small tweaks to your everyday routine, you can learn to block the energy of others by focusing more on what you want each day. Getting clear on your thoughts before coming in contact with someone who might try to dis-rail your progress is imperative in strengthening your energy.