My plan was to write about something else today, but I can’t stop thinking about my pain, so I guess someone must need me to write this. So I wake up most mornings with numbness in my hands and my thumb hurts now too (not including my shoulder, etc.). I pump my hands open and closed for a bit to get the blood moving. I go to hold my coffee cup, and the joint in my right thumb feels “rusty”. My guess is arthritis. So I called my dad because he had arthritis at a young age.
His advice is about 5 different prescription medicines he knows about. And to each one I respond with, well, you know I don’t take anything that isn’t all-natural because we don’t how that might work on me. So here is what I do instead:
- I make hot tea. It is calming and gets my mind off the pain.
- I make Turmeric Milk. See my Pinterest boards for more.
- I use only all-natural products. Some from my own business I am now in. Vitalize You tab or website Vitalize You Wellness.
- I am about to go back to yoga and start writing about that process as a way to heal.
- I put a microwave heated wrap around my neck and shoulders. Helps some.
- I eat using anti-inflammatory foods. No gluten or sugar.
- I have a tiny piece of dark chocolate. Clicking the word tells you why.
- As a last resort, I take a nap. I say last resort because I could literally sleep all day.
What do you do when you have pain? Do you let it get you (I used to) or do you try to ignore/fix/move forward? I think I’ll make my latest find…a turmeric smoothie!
Author’s note, since this post was written, I have completed yoga teacher training, gotten additional training in yoga for pain and arthritis, and completed sports nutrition therapy. Work with me tab has more.