Did you know that our thoughts really and truly shape our destiny? I am sure by now you know that you have more power over your future than you give yourself credit in having. Many people think that what happens next is out of their control. I know that I was once one of those people when I was very ill.
I made it a habit to change my thoughts daily and it helped improve my life tremendously in many ways. I still have to remind myself to keep focused on the positive and to constantly re-direct myself to the best possible things that could happen and not think of the worst. It really is a work in progress daily, which is why I am inviting you to the One Minute a day challenge right now!
Each day I want you to think of one thing you want out of life. Maybe it’s the same thing each day, but truly envision it, see it, smell it, and imagine what living like this would be like. Next, I have these 5 tips for you to get what you want out of life.
5 Steps to Get What You Want Out of Life:
- Accept that you are in control of your life. Your life equals your mistakes. I know that you want to be able to blame your boss, your co-worker, maybe even someone else, but don’t. Start living with the thought that you are in control and only what is good is coming your way. This does not mean I am saying think your prayers aren’t heard if you pray…just don’t blame anyone else. Know that what goes on in your head can be changed by you and you alone.
- Get clear on what you want. Do you know what type of life you want? Where you want to be in 3 years? What you want your day to look like? Get clear on everything you want to come into your life. The good stuff only. See the big picture! If this is difficult for you, see the Head|Heart|Health tab on group coaching.
- Live your truth. I am not saying quit your job today; however, if it is not something that really ever made you happy, admit it. What would it look like if you worked somewhere with people who made you happy? What would your ideal job/boss/office type situation be like and what can you do to work towards it? Be aware of your truths as you work and do what keeps you on your path right now so that you might have a chance to go down another path in the near future.
- Believe that it is possible. This part is really key! What does your belief system in yourself look like today? Is it not very good? Do you lack self-esteem? Do you accept challenges or tend to shrink from them? If going through a tough spot meant you could change your life, how would you react? Just believe that you have the abilities to accomplish your dreams and keep on saying it.
- Act on your dreams! When it comes time to do it, whatever it is, don’t back away from it because you are afraid it might not work. We all have failures sometimes, but the leap of faith that we take to try to do the impossible encourages us and boosts our confidence for the next time something great comes along. We can’t be afraid to say yes once again!
Ultimately, if you expect different outcomes for your future, you have to start thinking like it, acting like it, and changing your path. Journaling is a powerful tool I use in my 4 Weeks to Wellness program and each day we work on one goal to get closer to what we want. You really can get what you want out of life!