We need to reverse the formula for happiness and success. Do you follow the formula of if I work harder, I will be more successful and then I will be happier? Watch this and see what you think. The Happiness Advantage: Linking Positive Brains to Performance. Your brain at positive is 31% more productive that at negative, neutral or stressed levels. Hmm.
Did you realize that being happy has a direct correlation with your performance? Finding a way to be positive in the present moment is imperative to you performing better. But…how can we do that when we are under stressed out conditions? Guess what. I have some ideas.
Dopamine makes you happier and turns on all the learning centers in your brain. What are you doing when you are not happy I wonder? Are you making important decisions in an angry state?
I’m going to be honest. I used lots of research to come up with my programs that I just launched here under the work with me tab…but I want to be able to give you some ideas that you can begin to use now.
Creating Lasting Positive Change:
I referenced Shawn’s video, so watch it!
- 3 Gratitudes, new things you are grateful for each day! (remember my previous blog post?? I had not even found his research yet, but look at how forward thinking we are. It goes together!)
- Journaling (WAIT! I didn’t even go to Harvard and I have been writing about this, and counseling my clients for a while. Research skills work!)
- Exercise, which yes, includes me continuing to bug you about my yoga research:) Namaste happy.
- Meditation…heyyyy. Here is where I told you about my collaboration with a friend who does guided mediation. Or you can sign up for free ones online…like Deepak speaking into your ear.
- Last, but not least, what I wrote about last week. Random Acts of Kindness. My friend Shelli did some shout-outs on Facebook one day and let me tell you, it was nice. It can be that small to you, but to the person you are praising it means you are thinking about them and that kind of recognition whether public or private is a happiness booster for both of you!
The interesting thing about all of this, is that if you use the search feature, you can see some of the things I have written about the above ways to create your lasting positive change. I have also come up with workbooks and other things to help my clients over the years, but the bottom line is, if you do the work on the inside, you will start to see results on the outside. ~Aimee
Want even more help? Check this out.