In a time when Fakebook reigns supreme, it can be difficult to see past the rose-colored Fakebook statuses. Trending on the side is all about famous people. The Holidays have people talking all about presents and what they are doing and blabbity blah blah. Sometimes you just might want to slap someone. I know that it’s difficult when you can read between the lines too. Anyway, let’s work on ourselves shall we? Let’s leave all this behind and think about what might be causing our feelings of envy, and when you can’t beat em’ join em’. What does this mean exactly? I will tell you.
Get to the root cause of where your envy comes from. Do you want more friends? Do you want to have a relationship that’s loving and worth investing time in? Do you think you are supposed to be married by now and it drives you crazy when others get engaged? What exactly is it that’s bugging you? I once had someone tell me they un-followed me because I was too happy. TOO HAPPY. WHAT the actual F? Did they read my about me on here? hahaha. But anyway, I guess even I can make some people want what I have. That’s an interesting thought…and perhaps you don’t realize what you have either.
- Look beyond the “Shiny Happy People” status. I am going to be honest…I know people who post all doom and gloom shit and I just have no desire to keep reading this. It’s the same thing day after day. Likewise we all know people who post really “Shiny” statuses. What we have to remember is that maybe, for whatever reason, they added their boss and co-workers on Fakebook and want to look like they love their jobs every day so they don’t get fired. True story.
- What do you feel like you are missing out on? Do your friends post photos of themselves going out and you don’t get invited? Ask them to hang out! If they make excuses, ermmm it’s time for new friends and then that problem is solved. No “friends” should make other friends jealous, feel left out, or feel put in the middle of things by not being invited when all your other friends are. Period. That’s on them. Not you!!
- Don’t keep up with the Jones’s. Jonsi. Joneses. Those people. Unplug from social media if it’s starting to get to you or un-follow their asses. Well, them too, but if their asses make you envious, just hide. Hahaha. Like you can hide a Kardashian’s ass, but you know what I mean. I don’t read gossip magazines and I don’t know what’s the latest thing and/or whatnots, but I do know that people like to be praised. They like attention. So they post things sometimes for that reason. Would x,y,z that they are posting make you happy? Why? Then think about ways you can do something for yourself.
- Don’t give in to the dark side. So just because you occasionally mumble things like “karma” under your breath doesn’t mean you are a bad person. You have not become a major Sith Lord for thinking these thoughts. Guess what? These thoughts are human and it’s okay. Just acknowledge them and then deal with them in a logical way. Go a little bit deeper within and think about what it is you personally want to achieve that is causing these feelings to come out. If it’s that you think the person doesn’t deserve x,y,z and that’s why you are mumbling karma, well maybe. But that isn’t for you to decide. You just keep on focusing on your goals. (note, there is a different way to embrace that side here. << )
- You are dy-no-mite! Seriously, if you want Good Times ahead, you have to remember that you are worthy. See what I did there? No, maybe not. Anyway, you truly are someone to be proud of and it’s possible that you don’t realize people are un-following you because they are tired of seeing your happiness. I know, it’s weird. But you never know. What 3 things are you really proud of in your life right now or grateful for? Think about that and go from there. You can rise above and create the life you want!!
Need a little bit more help and want to work only on yourself and what you can change? Learn more about the Head|Heart|Health Club here. <<<