You have a choice to make. A decision. You listen to the chatter in your head for hours, days maybe and still can’t decide what to do. Your heart knows the right answer. But you keep listening to the chatter. Did you know 73% of 25-35 year-olds identified as over thinkers? More women (57%) find themselves over thinking than men (43%).
If you find yourself obsessing, over thinking, and not being able to stop, you need to change the thoughts immediately!!
5 Signs You Are Over Thinking:
- You change clothes quite a few times before finally deciding on what to wear. Solution: Pick out your clothes the night before. Everything, down to the accessories, and try it all on. No matter what, stick with it.
- You are so busy running in a negative state of mind, that you can’t see past the situation. The here and now. Solution: Get outside. Change what you are doing right now. Drop that thought and everything that comes with it. Go on a bike ride, a walk, take a yoga class. Move forward into the present.
- You don’t take time for yourself because you are too busy thinking about things that could go wrong. You say no to new opportunities, new friends, and possibly new yoga classes because you might do something wrong. Solution: Say yes. Really, as soon as someone asks you to something that your body immediately thinks YES to, just say it without over thinking what could go wrong. Your gut instinct and your heart are telling you to listen. It’s your brain that is over thinking. You have to change the pattern of the old ways by listening to your heart and gut feelings. Here is what I like to do to get away: Get outside and preserve my spirit.
- You stay up all night thinking about the thing that happened. The worst case scenario of that thing. Maybe that pain was cancer? You go from fine to spontaneously combusting in your head. Solution: Journaling all your thoughts out before you go to bed. All the negatives in your head. Then you write everything as you wish it will happen like in my manifesting journal article. You write how it will go in the positive and believe it.
- The cycle of over thinking creates anger, jealousy, fear, betrayal, doubt, indecision and more in your real life. Solution: You have to take a step back and look at the process of letting go. Get out of your head and let it all go. Let go of the feeling that distract you from your higher purpose. You can’t live your life in your head. Start to come back to the body, the breath and this moment. Slow down. Be present and be real. This is the only way to stop this process. For me, it’s getting into my flow. As you know that’s writing, yoga and reading a good book. Gardening, hiking and more also fall on this list. Time stops. The world comes to a halt when I am in my flow. Find that activity that makes your heart sing and stop the chatter.