In essence, procrastination is the act of postponing or doing something. It leaves us feeling like we have something hanging over our heads most of the time that we just didn’t get to. We have a list of things we were going to do, but most often, move some of those items over to a new list at the end of the day, week, or perhaps month. But what if…it is our intuitive guidance system and we are trying to override it by feeling like we have to get things done right now?
You are scrolling through the feed, and something catches your eye. You feel like you have read it before or you were meant to read it right then, but then you wonder if it is meant to distract you from your true purpose, so you try to get back on track yet again with what you were doing.
Maybe looking up inspirational quotes will help you stay inspired, and one catches your eye.
If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done. ~ Bruce Lee
Is procrastination really your intuition guiding you like Bruce Lee seems to be using his chi as guidance? Do you believe that a force of energy can actually guide you? Have you ever had that feeling that maybe, just maybe, someone or something is watching out for you? Then read more.
Signs that Procrastination is Actually Your Intuition Guiding You:
- Warning! Do you get a sense that perhaps you shouldn’t start a project right away or give someone an answer they are waiting for? Cue visions of the little old lady/witch handing Snow White the poisoned apple. Maybe someone is really just trying to pass off their toxic items to you, hmm?
- The pause feels like it should be there. In this day and age of shortening up tasks, speech and dial times << remember that? Cue horrible screeching sound as you waited to connect. The pause gave you a second to register what might be going on. That pause gave you a moment to breathe, think, connect to your thoughts and oftentimes, it sent cues to your 5 senses. But what about your 6th sense? If you pick up on what is not said, but felt, subtle cues in energy shifts, and reasons for the pause, don’t ignore that. The pause is connecting the dots for you.
- You get a sense that you really should say no. I will never forget the week-long “pause” I gave my daughter when she kept asking me to go to a friend’s house and spend the night. I didn’t have any reason whatsoever to say no, but it felt like I should. I even said to her, I don’t know why, but it feels like I shouldn’t let you go. Weirdly enough, we had a talk about something I saw in my feed that was bad that week. Still, at the last moment, I caved. Since I am not Cher and can’t turn back time, it still feels like slow motion as I got the call from the girl’s mother. I was ALMOST FREAKING THERE. My daughter had been in a bicycle accident. Guess what we had talked about before going? The thing in my feed that was bad. It was a bicycle accident. I floored it, turned into the neighborhood, and slammed on brakes and ran up to the house. My daughter was covered in blood and I couldn’t tell where she was hurt. Her shoes, the ones I never let her ride a bike with here at home, were broken as they were sandals. I won’t describe her toes or her knee, but a demon took over as I said to the other mom was she at least wearing a helmet? When I found out no, I went a little crazy and scooped her up and flew down the road to the emergency center. Went a little crazy is probably an understatement to be honest, but there was so much blood that I blamed myself. So, after hours of things I won’t share here, she was patched up, her foot is okay now, and to this day she has a massive pile of scar tissue on her knee to remind her, and me as well, don’t press mom when she says no.
- There are signs if you know where to look. I have never doubted the signs I was given that week, and have never given in again if something I can’t explain tells me to say no, or go this way, or not take that road, or watch my step here, etc. The signs might be things like a pause, a weird feeling overcoming you like premonition, a desire to move away from someone, weird dreams that seem to be warnings, a tingling or prickling in between your eyebrows or even the hairs on the back of your neck. Your Facebook feed feels odd, like you are seeing all the bad stories around this one thing (should have listened to this one). Yes, I know it is weird, spooky, etc. if this is new to you, but it’s better to be safe than as sorry as I was. Trust me on this one. I am very glad it wasn’t worse because the signs I was seeing were around a concussion on a bike that week, and we had literally had the talk about what proper bicycle wear was and my daughter assured me she knew better.
So if all of that doesn’t feel like why you are procrastinating, then go ahead and get things done.
Here are a few posts you might like if you really just put things off:
- Procrastination and the Dreaded “resolutions”
- Overcoming the 10 Biggest Obstacles in Creating
- Stop Listening to Fear
Want more help around your highly sensitive emotions? We would love to have you in our Club. <<< Linked to more information about what we are learning.