In essence, procrastination is the act of postponing or doing something. It leaves us feeling like we have something hanging over our heads most of the time that we just didn’t get to. We have a list of things we were going to do, but most often, move some of those items over to a new list at the end of the day, week, or perhaps month. But what if…it is our intuitive guidance system and we are trying to override it by feeling like we have to get things done right now?
You are scrolling through the feed, and something catches your eye. You feel like you have read it before or you were meant to read it right then, but then you wonder if it is meant to distract you from your true purpose, so you try to get back on track yet again with what you were doing.
Maybe looking up inspirational quotes will help you stay inspired, and one catches your eye.
If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done. ~ Bruce Lee
Is procrastination really your intuition guiding you like Bruce Lee seems to be using his chi as guidance? Do you believe that a force of energy can actually guide you? Have you ever had that feeling that maybe, just maybe, someone or something is watching out for you? Then read more.
Signs that Procrastination is Actually Your Intuition Guiding You:
- Warning! Do you get a sense that perhaps you shouldn’t start a project right away or give someone an answer they are waiting for? Cue visions of the little old lady/witch handing Snow White the poisoned apple. Maybe someone is really just trying to pass off their toxic items to you, hmm?
- The pause feels like it should be there. In this day and age of shortening up tasks, speech and dial times << remember that? Cue horrible screeching sound as you waited to connect. The pause gave you a second to register what might be going on. That pause gave you a moment to breathe, think, connect to your thoughts and oftentimes, it sent cues to your 5 senses. But what about your 6th sense? If you pick up on what is not said, but felt, subtle cues in energy shifts, and reasons for the pause, don’t ignore that. The pause is connecting the dots for you.
- You get a sense that you really should say no. I will never forget the week-long “pause” I gave my daughter when she kept asking me to go to a friend’s house and spend the night. I didn’t have any reason whatsoever to say no, but it felt like I should. I even said to her, I don’t know why, but it feels like I shouldn’t let you go. Weirdly enough, we had a talk about something I saw in my feed that was bad that week. Still, at the last moment, I caved. Since I am not Cher and can’t turn back time, it still feels like slow motion as I got the call from the girl’s mother. I was ALMOST FREAKING THERE. My daughter had been in a bicycle accident. Guess what we had talked about before going? The thing in my feed that was bad. It was a bicycle accident. I floored it, turned into the neighborhood, and slammed on brakes and ran up to the house. My daughter was covered in blood and I couldn’t tell where she was hurt. Her shoes, the ones I never let her ride a bike with here at home, were broken as they were sandals. I won’t describe her toes or her knee, but a demon took over as I said to the other mom was she at least wearing a helmet? When I found out no, I went a little crazy and scooped her up and flew down the road to the emergency center. Went a little crazy is probably an understatement to be honest, but there was so much blood that I blamed myself. So, after hours of things I won’t share here, she was patched up, her foot is okay now, and to this day she has a massive pile of scar tissue on her knee to remind her, and me as well, don’t press mom when she says no.
- There are signs if you know where to look. I have never doubted the signs I was given that week, and have never given in again if something I can’t explain tells me to say no, or go this way, or not take that road, or watch my step here, etc. The signs might be things like a pause, a weird feeling overcoming you like premonition, a desire to move away from someone, weird dreams that seem to be warnings, a tingling or prickling in between your eyebrows or even the hairs on the back of your neck. Your Facebook feed feels odd, like you are seeing all the bad stories around this one thing (should have listened to this one). Yes, I know it is weird, spooky, etc. if this is new to you, but it’s better to be safe than as sorry as I was. Trust me on this one. I am very glad it wasn’t worse because the signs I was seeing were around a concussion on a bike that week, and we had literally had the talk about what proper bicycle wear was and my daughter assured me she knew better.
So if all of that doesn’t feel like why you are procrastinating, then go ahead and get things done.
Here are a few posts you might like if you really just put things off:
Want more help around your highly sensitive emotions? We would love to have you in our Club. <<< Linked to more information about what we are learning.
First of all, you know you are an Empath because you are here. If you are a bit unsure, read more over here on this article. <<<
As a highly sensitive person, it is necessary to continue your self-care routines daily, not just when you remember. So before we even get into that, I want to tell you to write on your calendar “self-care time” and devote at least 15 minutes a day to it.
I teach intuitive people how to best care for their emotions and improve their relationship with their thoughts. When we get into overwhelm mode as an Empath, lots of things start to happen to us. We feel physically sick, suffer from headaches, begin to feel drained, and literally have no energy for our own lives. I know we want to look around at the world and shut down at this point, but this is the time we have to get serious about our own needs. Do not feel guilty here. We must put on our own oxygen masks first by practicing self-care.
What happens when we don’t take of ourselves?
I want you to think back to the last few weeks. Look over your calendar as you do so and put a “heart” on any activity where you took care of yourself. Put a “minus” next to anything you were doing where you felt drained, depleted and possibly had to rest the next day. Only you know the answer to this and only you can be honest with yourself and your schedule. Are you showing up in your own life as the director or perhaps the side kick? How many hearts are in your calendar? How many activities do you plan just for you? Do you make note of that? Try to keep a record for a week of anything you have done after reading this article and see what happens. Begin with these 5 self-care tips for the Empath and keep adding to them.
5 Self-care Tips for the Empath:
- Cut off all electronics at least 30 minutes prior to going to bed. There are lots of reasons for this including various studies on brain waves, the light, and more, but for us, it’s also about what we are feeling through the social media feed. The routine that will nurture your soul is not found online right before bed unless you are searching for a journal prompt. <<
- Cultivate an attitude of gratitude to elevate your energy daily. Because we feel so much and we see way more than we let on, we start to feel very alone and perhaps a wee bit mistrustful of others. This lack of trust leads us into isolation and hermit mode as we know that at least alone in our thoughts, we can’t let ourselves down. While we feel this is true, we actually do need a support system and ways to feel grateful again about the world around us. I have created a support system in my closed group, but it is also important to note what we are grateful for each day that might seem to be a coincidence, but truly, is not.
- Learn to distance yourself from the drama and anyone you truly know is lying to you. As you begin to create better boundaries for your Empath world, things start to feel lighter and more free. A lack of good and decent boundaries means that you will continue to suffer. Why? Energy vampires will continue ti drain you because of your good nature. Gently start to notice where you need to shore up the low places in your defenses and don’t feel guilty about saying “no” to things that zap your energy. The person who asks you for help 24/7 and never once has taken your advice. The angry person who doesn’t lift a finger to change themselves, but vents to you. The “time warper” who messages you and hours later you are like “Where has my night gone?” and you feel a headache coming on. <<< Sign of a person leeching your energy away.
- Meditate, or learn yoga poses to cope with getting centered and grounded. I started recording a few yoga poses monthly for my club because I don’t want people to think they have to do an hour-long flow. No. You can do one pose a day, and I even break it down to chair yoga for those who want that, but it can be really simple. I am convinced that those who want to change, will. Those who want to feel better, quite simply will. If you are reading this, you are probably pretty sick of feeling sick in this world. I teach a 4 week course that is yours to keep for life on Journaling for the Empath which includes a break down of steps to take to clear your energy and start realizing what is yours and what might be taken on from others. <<< It can be repeated as often as needed to clear your thoughts and align with your own energy.
- Do a check on what you have done for yourself weekly. Not sure how to do that? Here is my free Empath self-care checklist. Make time to get outside, read, journal, meditate, do yoga, get grounded and many more self-care routines that are truly available to us each and everyday. Learn to see your gift as a gift and not a burden. Life truly is what you make my soul friend, and I hope this inspired you to make it a great one!
Feel free to us this graphic to Pin it to your boards.
It happened again. Someone just lied straight to your face. And you had a split second to decide what to do. So you just numbly nod your head and move on. The other choice is confrontation and how can you prove you know they lied? You can’t just say “well I felt it…” or can you? What if they think you are crazy? How do you handle this? Help!
Well, the interesting thing is this, the more tuned in you are with this person, the stronger the “knowing” is. Sometimes, you want to dismiss it because it would make your life easier. But I think it is being developed in our conscious mind for a reason. So how do we move on from here?
How to handle the “Knowing”:
- Trust your intuition. If you know in your gut you are right, you are probably on the right thought. The thought comes without reaching for it. Much like our reaction when we pull our hand away from a hot surface, shiver when we are cold, or our bellies growl when we are hungry. It is simply just there and many people don’t understand this.
- Breathe deeply. What was the first thing you thought? The first impression is often the most accurate. We then start to second guess ourselves about the thought. Breathe deeply again. Trust your gut reaction.
- Think about how you feel when you ignore it. So you know it’s there and it’s going to wake you up in the middle of the night. Can you stop your friend/co-worker from lying from you? No. You can’t do that. But what is your intention going to be if you do, in fact, tip them off you know something fishy is going on? Don’t point the finger, but instead see if there is a way for you to later re-visit this with your intention clear.
- Weight the consequences and energy output. Supposedly people are more likely to lie when they are stressed or put on the spot. So consider asking important things when someone has had time to relax or maybe isn’t in a room full of people if it’s at work. I know, to some of us who just want the truth, this seems like lots of effort, but the energy spent trying to catch the person in the lie isn’t worth it either.
- Have the conversation about what your moral code is and what you do and do not expect from a friend, co-worker, or even your boss. Of course this takes courage, but maybe they will think twice about who you really are in a world full of people wearing masks. Saying you don’t have time for that kind of life and you don’t tolerate it in your relationships can attract just the right people to your circle. Obviously, I would be careful if it’s your boss, but seriously, if a leadership figure is lying to you all the time, why work for him or her? I mean, you know, once you have your next job lined up. I am being realistic and know that honesty doesn’t pay the bills.
What are we working on in the Head|Heart|Health Club this month that helps highly sensitive people? Come on over and find out. <<< Don’t forget to read my new about section. Feel free to follow this blog using the e-mail sign-up too!