This post was so popular that I have decided to add a contact form about the greens if you are interested in learning more about them! Read until the end!
5 Steps to Being Healthier Today!
1. Eliminate processed foods. Have you ever looked at the back of a “FAT-FREE” box of coffee creamer as compared to real cream? Just look at the ingredients.
2. Drink more water. Why? “Water’s involved in every type of cellular process in your body, and when you’re dehydrated, they all run less efficiently — and that includes your metabolism.
3. Add a Greens smoothie to your day. Why the “Greens”?
- Detoxify, alkalize, and promote pH balance within the body
- Acidity-fighting magnesium and potassium blend
- Cutting-edge probiotic support for digestive health
- 38 herbs and nutrient-rich superfoods
- Multiple servings of fruits and vegetables in every scoop
- Free radical-fighting antioxidants
4. Add protein in the morning. I prefer the things I have linked to because of these reasons:
- Experience quicker post-workout recovery
- Build lean muscle mass with fewer calories
- Maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- Get feel-good, mood-elevating energy with maca and cacao powder
- Promote healthy digestion with seven different soluble and insoluble fibers
5. Cut the sugar…but you can keep the fruit. I have gone white processed sugar-free in the last two years and don’t miss it! What do I use if I have to make a recipe with something like sugar? Buy coconut palm sugar. But if you are worried about sugar in fruit, check out this link. I am guilty of loving mangoes.
So, in a nutshell…drop the sugar, add the water, add protein, and greens, but drop the processed food!! Contact me here if you want to know more about the greens or visit vitalizeyouwellness.com click shop!
Hey there friends. I’d like your help. We are working on a way to change ourselves. Really and truly in the New Year. Not resolutions that can be broken, but a plan. A real plan. On my Facebook page for the blog I am making a few posters about ways to help yourself, but I want you to sit quietly and think about all the ways you are blocking yourself from your greatest potential. Whether it is weight loss, healthy eating, negative thinking, depression and/or anxiety, excuses for why you don’t leave the house, excuses for why you don’t exercise, well you name it, you and only you know how to change yourself. The fact is, we can go to all the therapists in the world, but until we are ready to make that change, that commitment, we are simply going to continue hoping what they tell us will work one day.
Wake up and open the curtains. Remember my last post about getting more light? Hint, you had to watch the video I posted. Clean your room and get rid of anything you are not using. It makes you feel better. I don’t know why or how, but it does. Make ROOM in your life for things you need. You are getting rid of things you no longer need in your life. I guess it could be the symbolism, but it really does work. Fluff your comforter, change your sheets. Go to bed earlier. I personally know how hard this one is. I am erm a night owl. Nevertheless, I am going to be shutting down 30 minutes earlier and working on a new routine.
Get your refrigerator ready for good food. Throw out the Christmas fruitcake…no not your relatives, the sweets you still have. Wash and prep veggies for the week. Make your list of smoothie items or simply use these greens I use everyday. I use berry but you can try orange or whatever you like. It actually is cheaper than buying all the veggies to throw in the blender. I also take my supplements for my pain and drink turmeric milk or tea. I immediately change my thinking even if I am in pain to thinking that the tea or whatever I am using is helping me. It really is helping but I try hard not to concentrate on what is wrong. I work daily at this. Do NOT dwell in the negatives. Let the negative thoughts pass by, but don’t stay there.
I am also working on a yoga plan as well as a getting out of the house more plan. This is very important if you have fibromyalgia and tend to sit too much. Stop dwelling. Just stop. Make a plan. If I can do it, you can too. So let’s go. 2015. It’s almost here. Move more. Eat better. Do good things. No resolutions you won’t keep, but goals. Gather your supplies, your buddies, if you don’t have buddies, get out of the house and make some. NO excuses! Ok, pep talk over…and today wasn’t even Motivational Monday.
Note: see the top tab on working with me and my new for 2017 group coaching option.