I know you feel it too. Some wonky, stagnant, possibly influenced by Mercury Retrograde, weird vibes. The downdraft of negative energy is flowing around your T.V., other people, and your cell phone. Anytime you see a headline of something negative, you feel yourself being pulled down. Every click-baity headline designed to grab your energy is doing just that.
It is more vital than ever to surround yourself by those types of energies you really want to attract and protect yourself from the ones you wish you could repel. So how exactly do we repel the bad stuff?
We raise our energy!
We work each and every day to detoxify our heads, hearts and improve our overall health by clearing ourselves of the energetic gunk that is trying to drag us down. Our programming, our limiting beliefs, and much more that feels “heavy” and not in true alignment with who we want to be has got to be shed like a snake skin.
Great! How do we do this?
- Stop. Drop. And meditate or sit in easy pose (sukhasana). I am going to give you a tip from my Club this month. I knew that people would need support during this time, so I wanted to introduce easy and accessible yoga poses to my Head|Heart|Health Club. I want you to begin your practice seated…anywhere, but outside in the sun is great as well. Close your eyes and feel the earth beneath you. Feel every part of your body and visualize the earth supporting you. You are at peace. Take a deep breath in through your nose and as you let out a long exhale, feel your feet, legs and pelvis releasing a bit further into the ground. As you begin to surrender to the pose, notice how you feel without resistance. The spine naturally feels better and more light. The crown of the head is nice and level. You feel a good connection to the ground beneath you and you are at ease. Thus easy pose has already helped stabilize your mood.
- Express gratitude for the world around you. Do not spend this time yearning for the things you do not have. Instead, appreciate the good in your life and it will come back to you ten-fold. This practice begins to increase the abundance in life and I have personally noticed a huge shift upon repeating my 30 day Gratitude Journal exercises. If you need more support on this, feel free to visit my E-book link. The science of being thankful for what we already have in our lives was the true basis of how I learned to heal what I once perceived as a broken body. Shifting my perspective to what I could do versus what I could not do continues to help me through life as well as through my yoga practice. I am so very grateful that I can move again without crying because I can remember a time when this was one of the hardest things I ever did. Making it from the bed to the bathroom. Little by little, that practice of waking up and saying thank you with each step healed my soul.
- Learn to eat more mindfully. This one can be a difficult task for lots of people. I am teaching in my Club this month that eating Mindfully does not mean starvation. It simply means being more aware of what certain types of food do to your moods, how you feel after you eat, and what actually makes you feel amazing versus what makes you feel regret and guilt. Mindful eating also involves higher vibrational foods such as clean eating. One ingredient good ole’ vegetables, fruits, nuts, and other things you can actually pronounce. As well as upping the water intake daily. It really can be that simple to start raising your vibration and blocking the energy drain.
I hope you enjoyed these tips today and if you want more information on anything that I teach, please see my brand new online portal. When you click I need support, it takes you to read about the Club and what we have to offer you!
Like a battery, you feel completely drained. Depending on what’s going on around you, you feel like you haven’t the energy you once possessed. Could you be getting sick? It’s possible. But I want you to take a look at a few things first.
Have you ever noticed that being in the presence of someone truly and miraculously seems to lift you up? After spending time with that person, you come home humming, or want to do things you might normally not even think about doing? Just think for a moment if there is such a person like this who is your lift force. I have spoken about this before during my talks and written about it before, but if you have your journal, you can even take a page and think for a moment about all the supportive people you have around you.
Likewise, we are now going to draw our attention to something that energetically feels so draining that we can’t wait to escape their presence. The drag force. When I speak of this during my talks, I actually have to roll my shoulders as my back gets tight.
There was once a time I felt well, except that I constantly felt drained by someone’s presence. I would go to work happy and content, and then this person would tell me every one of her problems…repeatedly. There was never a solution that worked or a way out…or so it seemed. How did I find a way out of the draining cycle?
5 Ways to Strengthen Your Energy:
- It sounds like a cliché, I know, but your vibe really does attract your tribe. Yogananda called this phenomenon “the law of invisible vibratory exchange.” It is vitally important that you understand this principle to be true as you start building up your “lift force” around you. Make your list in your private journal of who really lifts you up. Once you become aware of the energy, you can start to see a pattern where you have dips or energy loss after being near someone who is more of a drag force, or negative influence on you.
- It is important that if you have to come in contact with a negative force, you get grounded before and after the visit. As you center your thoughts, you can imagine being protected as you come in contact with that person. Read more on the above link as well, but make sure that you keep your contact to as short a time as possible. What happens if you live with a negative force? Enroll in yoga, meditation, or a group activity where the people around you have a like-minded goal. There is more under my Head|Heart|Health tab for an online community as well where keeping our heads clear and our hearts on how we want to feel is the end goal to overall wellness.
- Listen to music that moves your soul and uplifts your heart. On one of my other talks, I showed the difference between me normally when I come on the FB Live show, and me after listening to the Bee Gees. <<< yes. I love to sing with them. But seriously, think about the song “Good Vibrations” by the Beach Boys. Ever thought about it? It really does raise your vibration with the right tune.
- Be conscious of what you put in your body. During my 4 Weeks to Wellness class, I talk about nutrition and the effects of sugar on the body. I know people are going to be coming after me when I take away their sweets, but that’s why I train you to look for the hidden ingredients and do it for yourself. This has to be done on your own time and it has to be something you want in order to move forward and feel better.
- Know how you want to feel. Again, this one might sound simple, but do you know how you want to feel each day? What are your weekly goals and how are you working to create a life that is working FOR you…not against you. With a few small tweaks to your everyday routine, you can learn to block the energy of others by focusing more on what you want each day. Getting clear on your thoughts before coming in contact with someone who might try to dis-rail your progress is imperative in strengthening your energy.
First, what is an aura?
Since other people have described this way better than I could, I took an excerpt from MindBodyGreen:
The aura has long been described as an electromagnetic energy field that surrounds people—like an egg-shaped ball of energy that encompasses the body. The aura consists of seven levels/layers/auric bodies, also known as the physical, astral, lower, higher, spiritual, intuitional, and absolute planes.
Interesting…and confusing at the same time. So I then looked up this super cute way to explain it from wikiHow. <<< But hold on. Before you read that explanation, take this super fun quiz and then see if it really feels spot on to you!
The aura is an energy field that surrounds humans and ALL living things. It’s believed that the aura reflects a person’s thoughts and feelings! Are you ready to find out the color of your aura?