The other night I was staring at the clock. 11p.m. (that is an early bedtime to be honest). Midnight (the cool ideas start coming in and I have to either write them, or sleep). Then the minutes slowly clicked by for what seemed like an eternity. I started saying things to myself like, “If I fall asleep now, I can get like 4 hours of sleep”, and later I thought about giving up and going to write.
Can you take a guess as to what was keeping me up? I bet you can. The old “What the hell am I doing with my life”? Thought came up out of nowhere. Well, seemingly nowhere. You see, I turned another year older and I bet I am not the only one who occasionally has these thoughts.
I started to make a mental list…a sort of mid-life crisis checklist if you will. Here is what went on it.
- What do I love, like absolutely love, about where I am now? I want you to list in your journal or on your planner, somewhere by hand, what it is you love about your life and/or job right this moment. If nothing changed, what is the best thing about your life, job and where you are?
- What would I change about where I am right now? Usually this one is a whole lot easier, right? We have lists that have lists and sections, and letters and points from A to Z on this. But narrow it down to your top 3 things if you can here.
- Where would I go if I had the means, the freedom, and no one to judge me? This is kind of like your bucket list perhaps. I started thinking about travel here, and retreats that I would like to go on. You can list anything you want here. Including new jobs or new places to live.
- If someone had to say what I am passionate about, could they? This one is huge. If something happened to you, or if someone had to narrow down what you would fight for or what really makes you alive, could someone say that about you because it is so evident? Here is where I said yes. Yes. I am doing the things I am passionate about and people could say what they are.
- Where does the doubt come from and what triggers it? I already knew the answer to this one for myself, but do you? I encourage you to think about your triggers, what stays in your mind all night and what you think about. If you have a hard time with this, try my S.O.S. video tips << from the other day. << Ignore the beginning where I talk about the internet to myself. haha.
In the end, this checklist answered my own doubts and I knew what was the next step for me after thinking about this half the night. I know that I love, more than anything, my readers. I don’t get to connect to as many on some platforms, but I do get to connect to my Head|Heart|Health Club << and that is where I am making the biggest difference. I am seeing the changes in the energy of the Club members, seeing how different they react to what is going on in their lives, and how connecting with their inner most thoughts through a combination of journal therapy, mindfulness and centering through basic yoga poses is working for them. This is what I am most passionate about... Helping others recover from poor lifestyle choices and learning that there is a new treatment plan that doesn’t merely ignore your emotional body, but really addresses those needs as well.