Hey there geeks and geekettes. So I was minding my own business while daydreaming about
Jon Snow nothing, and this thought popped into my mind. What if life was like Game of Thrones? I wasn’t sure where this line of thought was going to take me…so I explored it naturally. Here are a few things that might happen if this line of reasoning were true in life:
- That guy who just cut you off in traffic and then made a rude gesture out the window, well, a few miles down the road, you passed his car on fire because Drogon instinctively knew the Mother of Dragons was pissed. What? So instead of saying something rude and getting all mad, you accidentally said the command to call him under your breath. It’s easy to utter.
- When that guy who sits on the Iron Throne calls you into work because Varys whispered you weren’t really using your sick days properly, you know because Varys was stalking your Instagram account and saw you out so he told everyone, you tell Varys that he has to take a message over to your bud Ramsay’s house. Problem solved.
- A staff meeting is called and that one annoying co-worker, you know, the one who sneaks in late daily through the back door, never takes a day of sick leave, but can’t be found during the day, the one who shows up on “Pot Luck” day saying “Oh man, I forgot that was today!”, but eats all the food, you know that one, well, when they ask you where the meeting is, you tell them to go through that door on the right up ahead…and drat. Someone left the moon door open. Oops!
- You go to ask your boss a question, but see that fake Petyr Baelish coming out of his office and the next thing you know you are being transferred to a remote location like you came up with the idea. What just happened?
- Luckily for you, while you are pondering the absurdity of this, a mysterious e-mail comes in with photos of your boss and wait, isn’t that some guy named Loras from the copy room? Interesting. You decide to blackmail your boss and now you have a room with a view. Petyr is now being transferred.
- The CEO makes a surprise visit and is one of the most cunningly shrewd people you have ever met. You try hard not to call him an “Angry Elf” and you feel like you’ve heard that line somewhere before, but nevertheless Tyrion took a liking to your style…especially since he somehow already knew you blackmailed the boss. He asks you to work for him immediately.
- While working for your new boss, you discover someone trying to pilfer from the monthly coffee and snack collection funds. You let him know and he tells you to assign that person to a new outpost…beyond the wall.
- You think your new boss drinks too much…during the day. But you understand. You met his sister once and she would drive you to drink as well. You shrug and just get to the liquor store like he asked you…after all, you don’t want to be late with his breakfast.
- You start to feel like you are being followed, and when you look behind you, you notice a really tall, and large in stature, woman. You think nothing of it, but decide to run around the corner anyway just to see what happens. As you duck behind a trashcan, the large woman shouts out that she was sent to protect you. Considering the way things have been going…she might be telling the truth, but just in case she isn’t, you snap a photo of her and post it on FB to everyone you know saying “Who is this crazy lady?” You can’t be bothered calling the police. Asking your social network is probably safer.
Check out this cool quiz to see who you played in this story! Which Game of Thrones Character Are You?
Aimee’s note: these are ramblings of a writer who works with 3 dachshunds so no reference to your real life boss is actually reflected. But always ask yourself “What would Tyrion do?”…