Well, we did it. We made it to the first day of spring, but for many of us, it doesn’t quite feel like that outside yet. In fact, there might have been sightings of snow yesterday or it might still be on the ground. Here in the Northern Hemisphere, the weather has been a bit interesting.
For many of us though, no matter where you live or what the weather is, we can all use a little light cleaning, or perhaps some deep cleaning, of our lives. It’s time to re-evaluate who and what you want to keep in your life so let’s get started.
5 Ways to Spring Clean Your Life:
- I have no closet space! Okay, so guess what this means? It’s time to take out as much as possible, try it on, and part with it if it doesn’t fit, you aren’t going to wear it again, or you haven’t worn it in 3 years. Yup. Now make those piles, and include your shoes. If you don’t love it, and it doesn’t work for you, it goes.
- Check the expiration dates…in your fridge. It’s time to get some fresh food in there, you know? Start with some nice leafy greens, more fruits and veggies and less processed stuff. You will start to feel better. More smoothies, and more prepping the snacks ahead of time. Go ahead and add some fruit water while you are at it. You will feel much better.
- And cue the Rocky music in your head. It’s time to add a bit more exercise to your day. I know, I know. You have been avoiding it. Well, guess what? 93 days until summer starts. Let’s make the best of it right now! Try some exercises at home if you don’t want to get out or even jump-start the next 4 Weeks of your Life with my baby-step plan.
- Clean the friend lists and streamline social media. If you don’t really speak to acquaintances who send you requests because you might know each other from something long ago…or even better, have never met and they don’t speak to you, start thinking about clearing some space. Especially if they are politically charged and you don’t have the energy for that in your face all the time. Your energy is important…and keeping it clean is valuable.
- Mirror, mirror on the wall…I need sleep before I fall. How’s your sleep schedule? Try knocking off from technology an hour earlier. No matter what. Tell people as well. Look friends, I really like you, but at 9p.m., I shut my phone off There. It’s done. Now relax with a new routine. Read a book, soak in the tub, and get some sleep. Start a gratitude journal practice. But try something new that helps get you into better sleep habits.
Start being more mindful today of what you allow into your home, your car, your work area, and of course, your life. As you work to spring clean your life, things will start to fall into place.